Friday, February 12, 2010

MCV FARM NEWS - 2/12/09 - Think Spring.

Morning Ya'll,

Well, it has been a while since I have written a formal email but, if you have any particular questions please ask!!! You can ask me on Facebook, Twitter, Posterous, LinkedIn, Blogger and YouTube. I ask that you friend and/or follow me and fan the vineyard on all of the websites I just mentioned. As always if you have questions I will answer them.

The wines are moving along well. We will soon be bottling the 2009 whites in early March. The 2009's will have dynamite concentration of flavor with beautiful acidity. I am quite excited to see these wines make there way to bottle. The 2009 reds are moving along through malolactic fermentation and are starting to enter their teenage years in wine speak... They are still a bit awkward, but starting to come around and show their potential. I have been busy preparing the 2008 blends. I am very excited about these as I am really having a lot of fun looking at all of my blending options.

Blending is much like a conductor, conducting an orchestra. Each blend component is a different instrument bringing a different attribute to the ensemble. Some are big up front, some have beautiful middles, and others have a wonderful finish. However, the whole that is created when brought together will be greater than any part. Needless to say blending is the art of wine making and quite enjoyable at that!!! The vineyard is in its winter slumber, but Jim and the guys continue to tend to the vines one by one.

The vineyard has been in its winter splendor and despite the biting cold is truly a beautiful sight. So, if you can put on a few extra layers and take a winter hike through the vineyard. It is great to see the vines and how they look when they get a "haircut." Talk with ya'll soon and enjoy the winter!!! Think Spring.

Cheers,

Juan.

Posted via web from phermentation1's posterous

No comments: