Friday, April 10, 2009

Bigger is Better

Morning Ya'll,

It was a busy week on the farm, winery, and warehouse. The 2008 wines continue their procession into bottle. When the wines are bottled they are transported from the winery to the warehouse. Dan the Man had a small mishap on his way to the warehouse this week. A strap came loose and cases shifted! In the end a few cases were broken. At the time things looked worse than they were. These things do unfortunately happen and when you move thousands of cases like Dan does a few cases of breakage is small potatoes. The breakage happened in our 2008 GE White. For a small time it looked as if we set-up a U-Pick Wine on the corner of Northville Turnpike and Sound Ave.

During this mishap a very kind woman stopped by with her children and offered to help. In addition she gave us several pairs of gloves that she had just recently purchased to use in the clean-up. While many people just rubber neck and gawk it is nice to know that there are still people in the world that are willing to help. It was an incredible gesture and I really do thank that woman and her family! Thanks!

A bunch of us at the winery have decided to become even more connected to the "Matrix". There are several new Blackberry's on the farm. I was the recipient of a new Blackberry Storm. I really think they designed these things for Hobbits as I cannot manage to touch correct key on the touch pad of this device. Everything is so small! I am old fashioned, but bigger is better. I guess I need one of those Honey I Shrunk the Kids devices to make myself smaller when I am using this thing. I hope it gets better, but I know what my parents felt like when they first tried Atari or Nintendo!

The main purpose of these new devices is to update web sites like Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace. I will spend more time attempting to figure these sites out and I will be bringing lots of photos and quips about things going on in the vineyard and winery. So, please let customers know to check us out on these websites as well sign up to be friends. Well, that is the news for now. I hope all is well, and a Happy Easter to all!!

Cheers,
Juan